*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link. I will never promote anything I don’t truly believe in! Most links in this post are to Miracle Noodle which I am a HUGE fan of. Thanks for helping a Mama out!
If you’ve been following my blog you know that I’ve lost a significant amount of weight in the past year by counting calories. (Check out my post on how I lost the baby weight in 3 months here). Both Ryan and I love when we can make low-calorie meals while getting a decent sized portion as well. I generally stick to between 300-350 calories per meal and finish off the day with a nice dessert after dinner. (Keep in mind, this is the ideal calorie count for my healthy BMI. Find yours here!). Unfortunately a lot of our favourite meals include rice or pasta which are not at all calorie-friendly! Did you know that one cup of cooked white rice is 204 calories? Doesn’t leave much room in the meal for too much else when sticking to a limit of 300. That’s why I was thrilled when I came across Miracle Noodle (affiliate)! Seriously, these babies are a calorie counter’s dream! They’re zero calorie noodles and rice and they taste amazing. We’ve been able to replace regular rice and pasta to give us larger, healthier meals like this Easy Thai Chicken Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce from GeniusKitchen.com (We LOVE that website!) and keep the calories per serving under 300!
How to Make It:
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon asian chili oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 (6 3/4 ounce) package thin rice noodles (we replaced with Miracle Noodle!)
- 8 ounces frozen broccoli cuts (2 1/2 cups or half of a 14-ounce package)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- coarse-ground garlic salt
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- green onion, thinly sliced
- unsalted dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Please refer to the original recipe from GeniusKitchen.com for the directions!
The original recipe calls for one 6 3/4 ounce package of thin rice noodles which equates to about 112 calories per serving as per Eat This Much. With our adaptation you can eliminate those completely! We’re adding this one to our low-calorie recipe repertoire. If you want to try this recipe out with Miracle Noodle (affiliate) you can check them out here and use coupon code AFF10MN to get a 10% discount! I hope you love this recipe as much as we did!
With Love & Light,